As you’re picking out gifts for family and friends, don’t forget your four-legged family members! They enjoy getting presents too, and it’s always fun to spoil them a bit. Your pet may not be able to tell you what they want, but here are a few gift ideas that are sure to get their attention:
1. A new bed. Keep your dog or cat comfortable and cozy with a soft bed. You can do a basic pillow-type bed, or a more extravagant design like a small couch or lounger. Another idea is a heated bed or blanket, especially if you live somewhere that it gets quite cold. Laying on the floor can be drafty, even if there’s carpet, so having a nice warm place to curl up can be just what your pet needs.
2. Interactive toys. It’s time to switch out some of the toys your dog has lost interest in with new ones. Look for toys that will keep your dog engaged whether it makes noise or contains hidden treats. Cats tend to love things that crinkle, have flashing lights, or contain catnip. There are tons of great innovations out there for pets of all sizes and interest levels.
3. A coat (and booties). Does your dog hate going out in the cold or rain? A winter jacket or raincoat can help. Not only will it protect them from the elements, it can help keep the heat in too. Booties can keep their paws from becoming packed with snow and keep rocks or ice melt from lodging in between the pads of their feet. It may take some time for them to adjust, but it can be worth it in the long run.
4. Favorite treats. Make some homemade dog treats after you’re finished baking holiday cookies! (Just don’t mix them up!) Use all-natural ingredients that are safe for your pet and taste good too. Or, you can check out the latest selection at your favorite pet store or grocery store. Try something new and give your dog’s taste buds a surprise.
5. Subscription box. Just like you can subscribe to boxes for makeup, clothing, or beauty products, there are also boxes designed just for dogs such as BarkBox. Each month your pet will get some new toys and treats to try, so it’s a gift that keeps giving all year long.
6. Spa day. Treat your dog to a day at the “dog spa” to get groomed and pampered. They will leave looking and feeling great, and you’ll know their coat has been cared for and all trimmed up. Lake Wylie Pet Resort offers services to fit your dog’s need, whether you want a basic wash and cut or are looking for exotic styling.
Surprise your furry friends with a gift or two under the tree this year and show them how much you care. Contact Lake Wylie Pet Resort today to schedule a “spa day” for your dog or reserve a spot for boarding while you’re away for the holidays.