Having multiple people together trying to work in one house – whether it’s adults working remotely or students attending virtual school – can be a lot to handle. Adding pets into the mix can make it chaotic. Even if it’s just you and your pup, they may still crave attention or get into mischief while you’re focused on a client or project.
Doggie daycare can be a wonderful option for both you and your dog. It provides you with the ability to work in peace while knowing that your dog is having fun and their needs are met. Here are just a few benefits of signing your dog up for daycare, even just one or two days per week:
1. Socialization. Most dogs are naturally outgoing and social creatures. They like to be around people. They like to be around other dogs. At doggie daycare, they get the best of both worlds. They can play with pups who are similar in size and temperament, and they also get attention from humans to ensure they’re safe, well cared for, and receive affection.
2. Change of scenery. Being stuck at home all day, especially inside, can drive both people and pets crazy. Letting your dog get out and explore a new place to play can be exciting. It can be stimulating with different scents, sights, and sounds. They’ll meet a wide variety of other dogs and people, and it can keep them from becoming bored and restless.
3. Physical activity. Dogs need to move around and be active. Sleeping all day is not ideal for their health. A nightly case of the ‘zoomies’ can be their way of trying to release some of their pent-up energy. At doggie daycare, they can run, jump, and play all day with time to rest in between. By the time you pick them up, they’ll be ready to come home and relax. This can save you from engaging in multiple games of fetch or jogs around the neighborhood after a long day of work.
4. Attention. The last thing you need when you’re trying to work is a dog at your feet, or at the door, who is whining, scratching, barking, or otherwise begging for attention. It makes you feel bad to ignore them, and when you do, they may wander off and get into trouble elsewhere in your house. However, you also have to focus on your job and can’t spend all day playing and taking them outside. Daycare is a great way to ensure they get the attention they crave while you get some quiet time to focus.
5. Safety. When you don’t hear your dog for a while, they may be curled up somewhere sleeping, or they may be getting into something they shouldn’t. Don’t spend your day worrying about what they are doing. You can have peace of mind knowing they are safe at doggie daycare and under close supervision.
6. Convenience. A lot of facilities that offer doggie daycare also provide other services as well. When you drop your dog off for the day, not only can they rest and play, they may also be able to get bathed and groomed. This saves you from having to book a separate trip, and they get to enjoy being pampered.
Make every day more enjoyable and productive for you and your dog by signing them up for doggie daycare at Lake Wylie Pet Resort! We have spots open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, so reserve a space for your dog today. Don’t forget that we also offer grooming services as well as boarding to fit all of your needs! Contact us for more information or to book a stay, whether for doggie daycare or boarding.